The FIH Executive Board gathered for the first time under the chairmanship of the recently elected FIH President Leandro Negre in Los Angeles, USA on Sunday. The FIH committee appointments and the allocations of the FIH World Level Events were the key points on the agenda.
Following the change of President, the Committee appointments are postponed until the next Board meeting in February. The existing Committees therefore continue to operate as usual until then.
No further nominations will be requested from National Associations.
The Executive Board has awarded the following tournaments:
The BDO Men’s Champions Challenge I 2009 is allocated to Quilmes, Argentina from 6-13 December 2009.
- The BDO Women’s Champions Challenge I 2009 is allocated to Cape Town, South Africa from 1-8 November 2009.
- The Men’s Champions Challenge II 2009/2010 is allocated to Dublin, Ireland from 5-11 July 2009.
- The Women’s Champions Challenge II 2009/2010 is allocated to Kazan, Russia from 21-27 June 2009.
- The Men’s World Cup Qualifier (3 tournaments) 2009/2010 are allocated to Auckland, New Zealand from 7-15 November 2009 and to Lille (France) from 24 October-1 November 2009. The allocation of the third one is subject to receiving bid details from Malaysia.
- The Women’s World Cup Qualifier (3 tournaments) 2009/2010 are allocated to Santiago, Chile from 20-28 February 2010 and to Seville, Spain from 06-14 February 2010. The third one will be announced at a later stage.
- The ABN AMRO Men’s Champions Trophy 2010 is allocated to Mönchengladbach, Germany at dates to be confirmed subject to receiving a formal bid from Germany.
- The Indoor World Cup 2011 Men and Women is allocated to Poznan, Poland from 08-13 February 2011.