Korean Player suspended at Olympic Qualifier in Victoria
02 May 2008 22:49
In the match against Ireland on Thursday 1 May, Korean player #1 Lim Ju Young has been found to have violated the FIH Code of Conduct.
In the opinion of Tournament Director Laura Pigretti, a Level 3 offence had been committed because there was physical assault causing bodily injury to another player.
Due to all the facts and findings, the decision of the Tournament Director is as follows:
- Lim Ju Young, player # 1 of the Korean team, is suspended for five matches;
- The suspension will begin from 2 May 2008;
- It should be applied to the next International World Level event;
- To complete the suspension, the player must be a member of the Korean team;
- The matter will be referred to the FIH Honorary Secretary General for further consideration of the Judicial Commission.
(Click here to access the official release by Tournament Director Laura Pigretti)