Handbook of Performance Requirements for Synthetic Hockey Pitches (April 2008)
The FIH handbook of synthetic turf specifications applying from April 2008. The changes from the previous version of the handbook include:
- renaming the former “standard” turf type as “national”
- a more detailed record of the materials and methods used in the construction of the turf
- a revised ball rebound test
- with FIH approval, turf using a colour other than green
- clearer presentation of the requirements applying to turf products and to installed pitches
- two categories of testing for installed pitches: a full set of tests for class 1 and a simplified set for class 2
- simplified reports for pitch watering and lighting systems
- detailed specifications of test equipment.
Performance Requirements and Test Procedures for Synthetic Hockey Pitches – Outdoor (March 1999)
The FIH handbook of synthetic turf specifications which applied from March 1999 to March 2008. Turf products and pitches approved on the basis of this publication will continue to be honoured.